Discover Dreamy Delaware with Your Girlfriends
Do you and your girlfriends like to shop like me? Is “shop ‘til you drop” one of your group’s mantras? Then you should definitely look into Delaware for your next girls weekend. Why? It’s one of five states without sales tax! (Alaska, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon are the others.) The neighboring states call Delaware “Home of Tax Free Shopping”. Now you’re talkin my language!
Of course, it also offers this little thing called the Atlantic Ocean, making Delaware even more dreamy. You really should consider this east coast state for your next girls weekend. Here are two fantastic destination options: Rehoboth Beach and Fenwick Island.
What to Do in Rehoboth Beach
Rehoboth Beach is one of Delaware’s most visited cities with an amazing boardwalk of businesses. When you’re there check out:
- Rehoboth Beach and Boardwalk | The best part of Rehoboth Beach is that you and your girls can be as active or relaxed as you want. The beach is the perfect place to lounge by the water, and if your group wants to do a little bit more walking, the boardwalk is there for endless shops, restaurants, and amusements. This boardwalk is one of the best in the U.S.!
- Bad Hair Day | Who me?! Never? After a leisurely stroll, stop into vibrant and upbeat Bad Hair Day spa for a variety of facial treatments, massages, and nail services. It’s less than half a mile from the boardwalk and is a wonderful place to spend the day. You and your girlfriends will surely leave relaxed and refreshed!
Where to Stay in Rehoboth Beach
- The Bellmoor Inn and Spa | This luxurious hotel is only two blocks from the beach (but still offers a complimentary shuttle if you don’t want to walk!) It’s decorated with an elegant, coastal vibe, offers two outdoor pools, and an indoor hot tub to enjoy too! The hotel serves up a delicious, complimentary breakfast of fresh juices and pastries and another complimentary afternoon refreshment and light bite. The Bellmoor is an oasis for your group.
- Quaint Beach Block Cottage, Rehoboth Beach | Only 100 steps from the beach, this Airbnb is a charming spot. The home is large enough to accommodate up to eight guests (and three cars!) There is a spacious backyard, picturesque windows on three sides, and a large, screened in porch where you and your besties can gather to plan your day, then gather again that night to relive the fun you had!
About 18 miles from Rehoboth Beach is Fenwick Island, a quiet beach town with a vibrant neighborhood. Here are some recommendations if you and your girls are looking for this type of weekend.
What to Do on Fenwick Island
- DiscoverSea Shipwreck Museum | Does “fun” and “quirky” sound like words you would use to describe your friend group? Then you would appreciate this museum. It’s an ever-changing exhibit of artifacts from shipwrecks. In fact, there are more than 10,000 artifacts to see at all times! Bonus: It’s above a beautiful seashell shop that you will love.
- Fenwick Island State Park | Fenwick Island State Park is another gorgeous Delaware beach, but with a bit quieter, laid-back vibe than Rehoboth Beach. It’s a three-mile stretch where you and your girlfriends can swim, kayak, paddleboard, sail, fish, sunbathe or just stroll through the sand, eyeing up the beach homes. The hardest decision you will make on your trip to Fenwick Island is how you will spend your time!
Where to Stay on Fenwick Island
- Barefoot Bungalow | This Atlantic stay is minutes from the beach, and sleeps 10. It features spacious rooms, two patios, and views of the bay and a pond. Bonus! It’s part of a boutique community, so besides the bungalow, you have access to the clubhouse, pool, fitness center, and the pier if kayaking or crabbing is in your plans. You could even feed the ducks in the pond or toast marshmallows at the fire pit too. What a perfect spot to wind down after a day on the island!
- Atlantic Coast Inn | This hotel is surrounded on all sides by recreational opportunities. Check it out: Walking distance to the Atlantic Ocean, Fenwick Lighthouse, and the Mason-Dixon historical marker, outdoor pool and boating activities. It’s a very reasonably-priced stay with all the amenities you and your gals will need.
Why not make plans with your girlfriends to discover all that Delaware has to offer?!