Thank You for Being A Friend
Whether living in a city, in the countryside, in the mountains, or in the desert, it’s nearly impossible to find a person who didn’t love Golden Girl Girlfriend, Betty White.
A few of our favorite Betty White shows include:
- Password - A guest on her husband, Allan Ludden’s show, she was so beautiful and such fun. After his death, she was asked about remarrying. Her reply: “Once You’ve Had The Best, Who Needs The Rest?” What a love story.
- Sue Ann Nivens - The roll of Sue Ann was not specifically written for her, but script #73 of the series “called for an ‘icky sweet Betty White type’". The casting director decided to approach Ms White, who with husband Allen Ludden was good friends with Mary Tyler Moore and her then husband, MTM producer Grant Tinker. Ms. White played up Sue Ann Nivens' cheerful, home-and-hearth loving persona. Her first appearance in episode one of season four was intended to be a one-time guest role, but was told after the show: "Don't make too many plans."
- Rose Nylund - From St. Olaf, Minnesota, Ms. White was said to have jumped at the chance to play Rose and described her character saying, “she loved the character and describing Rose as ‘so innocent, not the brightest nickel in the drawer, but funny.’”
In honor of Betty, we are hosting a giveaway for you and your girlfriend to receive our My Girlfriendships® signature charm bracelet (which is not even available to purchase yet)! This bracelet is expandable and includes not only our logo charm, but all of the bonus charms that you will gather with each girls trip to add on once these bracelets are available to the public. Winner will be chosen on the queen’s birthday, Monday January 17th. To enter, follow the steps below!
- Like our Instagram post and make sure you’re following us
- Share this post on your IG story and be sure to tag us @mygirlfriendships
- Tag a friend in the comments and tell us something you love about them (each comment is an additional entry)
*Send us a message with a photo of you and your girlfriend or a group a friends for an extra entry! PS, You may even be selected to be featured in our cookbook
Where are you meeting up with your own golden girlfriends on your next vacation for celebrating life, living it to the fullest, and creating memories with your girlfriends? Contact Courtney. She will take care of every detail for you. All you have to do is pack, go, and enjoy your Golden Girlfriends Gathering.