Let’s Get a Move on to Majestic Montana!
Is your gal group the adventurous sort? Has Montana ever been on your short list of destinations for your getaway? I have to admit, after watching the first three seasons of “Yellowstone”, I fell a little bit in love with the idea, but after researching this blog, I kept finding even more reasons to love it. Check this out.
- seven state forests and 53 state parks.
- the Yellowstone River, the longest free-flowing (undammed) river in the contiguous United States.
- “Three Forks”. No, not silverware. Rather the headwaters of the Missouri River are created by the intersection of the Jefferson, Madison, and Gallatin rivers (aka Three Forks). At 2,300 miles, the Missouri is the longest river in the United States by miles.
- Glacier National Park, with 250 lakes in its boundaries.
- the North Entrance of Yellowstone National Park which is the original entrance to the world’s first National Park.
- Hollywood fame. Remember the famous fly-fishing movie “A River Runs Through It”? Most of the fishing footage was shot on Montana’s Gallatin River.
- Yogo Sapphires. Found only in Montana, these sapphires are considered to be among the finest in the world. Their cornflower blue gives them the truest, natural color.
- Billings and Bozeman!
Waddya say? Let’s go!
Billings is an underrated gem. You and your girls can fly directly into Billings Logan International (BIL in the flight search bar), and enjoy budget-friendly accommodations. Billings offers the best of both worlds: unspoiled nature and proximity to the city. Here are some things you and your besties can plan while you’re there:
What to Do
- The RimRocks, Billings | “The Rims” are large, sandstone formations on the outskirts of Billings, renowned for hiking. The formations are beautiful...but. The view! That view is the best part. Definitely some Insta-worthy shots here (be sure to send them to us so we can share with the rest of our girlfriends: email@example.com). It’s a peaceful escape that you and your girlfriends will love.
- DanWalt Gardens, Billings | As DanWalt Gardens proclaims, it’s “Billing’s best kept secret”. The gardens are bursting with colors, with gorgeous displays of flowering annuals, perennials, shrubs, and trees. Every turn you take offers a new, delightful display. The space is stunning and tranquil. It’s secluded, but conveniently located near hotels, restaurants, and downtown Billings. There is always something new blooming at the DanWalt Gardens. You will not be disappointed.
Where to Stay
- The Northern Hotel, Billings | The Northern Hotel is the finest hotel in Billings. It’s a historic space, and it serves as downtown’s cultural cornerstone. It’s warm and modern with exceptional amenities and cutting edge comfort. The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Billings so you’ll be able to get to every restaurant and store you’d like. They also offer a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Your girlfriends will appreciate this stay.
- Rimview Home, Billings | This three bedroom Airbnb is in a beautiful location overlooking the city and the mountains. The home is completely renovated too. It has a modern, castle-like appearance. There’s a comfortable theatre and game room to enjoy during your stay too. You will love the views here and the at-home feeling while you are with your girlfriends.
About 2 ½ hours west of Billings is Bozeman, Billings’ “glam cousin”. Bozeman is where you’ll see both cowboy boots and designer handbags. How does this sound for an ideal girls trip: Trendy bars. World-class skiing. Delicious restaurants. High-end boutiques. Spectacular hiking. Modern breweries. Let’s go!
What to Do
- Bridger Bowl, Bozeman | If your girls like the slopes, then go to Bridger Bowl—it’s a local favorite. It’s an excellent place to ski or snowboard because you’ll find fewer crowds. The mountain usually operates from December to April, so get going and plan that trip!
- Hot Springs, Bozeman | These hot springs are conveniently located just minutes from Gallatin International Airport. It features twelve different pools, ranging from 59° to 106°F. They also have both wet and dry saunas. It’s the perfect destination to start your day with an energizing swim or relax after a day on the slopes of Bridger Bowl.
Where to Stay
- The Lark, Bozeman | The Lark is a beautiful, one-of-a-kind hotel. At The Lark, the hotel’s main goal is to accommodate your perfect adventure. They offer a “Map Room” where you and your group can chat with the team about Bozeman and all of its possibilities. The hotel is also located in Bozeman’s downtown so it’s close to all the attractions.
Rocking H, Bozeman | This Airbnb is a spacious, 3-bedroom home that can sleep up to eight girlfriends. Here you’ll have privacy, mountain views, a hot tub, and a huge yard. Another great feature? It’s a short, 15-minute drive to the airport! The ranch-style home is authentic and comfortable. Sounds ideal, doesn’t it?
Adventure to this “Big Sky” state with you and your tribe of chicks. Can you imagine the view from a big windshield in an RV? How ‘bout a big pink RV with furry seats and rhinestones adorning the taillights. Can't you picture it? Me too... Let’s Go!