In a New York Minute... You Can Enjoy with Your Girlfriends!
New York: The City and the Catskills
New York is an easy-to-get-to destination for a girls weekend, and depending on your vibe, will not disappoint. Of course, there’s the iconic New York City, the city that never sleeps, giving you the fast-paced, exhilarating part for the state. But if you’re looking for a slower pace, just 100 miles from the city is the magical Catskills.
You know that NYC is a fast-paced, exhilarating part of New York. And do if you make the Big Apple your next girls weekend destination in November or December, there are legitimately countless places to see and do. Even though 2020 has taken its toll on the traditional holiday festivities, I highly recommend you add NYC to your short list and aim for the 2021 holiday season. Here’s why...
What to Do
- Rockefeller Center, New York City | What can I say? It’s legendary. Since 1931, Rockefeller Center has been the site for the city’s Christmas tree. Though you may be planning for next year, know that this is one tradition that a worldwide pandemic can’t affect! If you do happen to be there this year, you’ll be able to see the 80’ spruce from the viewing entrances on 49th and 50th Streets and 5th and 6th Avenues (with social distancing markers, of course). Bundle up and bring your camera for festive photos with your friends!
- Radio City Music Hall, New York City | You knew this one would be on the list, right? No one should be in NYC during the holidays and not have a plan to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular. The show is amazing. Just ask any of the nearly 80 million people who’ve seen it (me included!) since the first show in 1933. I absolutely loved it.
- Broadway Theatre, New York City | The Broadway Theatre is an NYC classic and a fabulous option for fun. The Theatre expects to be back in action starting May 30th, 2021, which is the perfect time to order your tickets for the holiday season. You and your girlfriends will have a blast at any of the shows but Wicked and Hamilton are two of the most popular.
Where to Stay
- Stylish 3 bedroom apartment, New York City | This is a newly renovated, 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment with partial New York City skyline views. It’s conveniently located minutes from major attractions. This luxury apartment also features a parking spot which is extremely rare for the city. This is a wonderful place to kick up your feet after a long day of New York City’s craziness. You and your girlfriends will love having the entire top floor to yourselves!
- The New York Renaissance, New York City | This hotel is said to be one of NYC’s most stylish hotels. It boasts beautiful, chic decor. It’s located just steps from Madison Square Garden and a few blocks from Times Square. The hotel also features an 8,000 square foot rooftop terrace and restaurant, VERSA. VERSA has some of the best views available of Manhattan! The Renaissance is all-around a wonderful place for you and your girlfriends to stay in the city.
Is a slower vibe more your style? Then make the Catskills your destination. Nestled in the countryside of upstate New York, it’s a quiet, beautiful spot to slow down and enjoy time together. Here are some things to do once you’re there:
What to Do
- Hunter Mountain, Hunter | Hunter Mountain is the closest big mountain to NYC. It has four different mountain faces to cater to all different skill levels of skiers and snowboarders. You can buy your lift pass onsite, or you can plan ahead and purchase one before you get there. I’ll make it easy for you: click here and buy now and get ready to enjoy a bright, sunny day on the mountain with your girlfriends!
- Dewa Spa, Phoenicia | The Dewa Spa offers a full menu of Western spa treatments...and more! Finnish and infrared saunas, steam rooms, a relaxation lounge, a medicinal garden, a gym and also private hiking trails! You can select therapeutic massage, ayurvedic treatments and many other sessions. Take a deep breath and fully relax in a serene location.
Where to Stay
- The Hotel Dylan, Woodstock | Their motto? Peace, love, stay. Totally my style! And get this —every room is named after one of the musicians who performed at the 1969 Woodstock concert. Hello! So me! It’s a wonderful place to regroup after a day of fun. Heck. You don’t even need to leave the grounds to have fun. The Hotel Dylan features a heated, saltwater pool, outdoor firepits, 28 West Gym and the Santa Fe restaurant!
- Modern Catskills Barnhouse, West Kill | An Airbandb more your style? Then check out this one: It’s a three bed, one bath barnhouse that can sleep up to six. You and your girlfriends will love this modern barnhouse featuring preserved wood beams from the 1800’s. It has spectacular mountain views to take in over coffee or wine. Another cool thing is the house is only 15 minutes from Hunter Mountain, which was featured in What to Do.