Hey Connecticut! Here Come the Girlfriends!
Waddya say we check out Connecticut for our next girls weekend? Tucked up there in the northeast, it has glorious beaches, is one of six states that make up New England, (who can name the other 5?) and its notoriety is bookended by the past and the present.
- One of the original 13 colonies
- Site of the first hamburger
- Home to TikTok’s #1 star (with more than 116 million followers), Charli D’Amelio, and her sister Dixie, TikTok’s #7 with more than 50 million followers.
And that’s just the start! Now through October 21st are the optimal times to visit. What are you waiting for? If you count today, you have 19 weeks left to schedule that getaway with your besties.
My Girlfriendships® says Let’s Go to Connecticut and check out either Rowayton or Mystic. Read on for things to do and where to stay when you get there.
If you’re girls weekend-ing in the fall, Rowayton is your spot. Be sure you include a drive on the Merritt Parkway because it’s just minutes from the cute, beachy town of Rowayton. Travel tip: The Merritt’s autumn colors are amazing. If you haven’t experienced it, then put it on your list of things to do.
Here are two other ideas:
What to Do
- Bayley Beach, Rowayton | Bayley Beach is a part of Neville Bayley Park in Rowayton. It’s owned and maintained by its residents, meaning there will be fees for non-residents to visit. Still, it’s well worth it. The beach features a gorgeous pavilion, outdoor showers, and a snack bar called Di’s Sea Shanty. You and your friends will enjoy soaking up the sun at this beautiful, pristine beach.
- The Maritime Aquarium, Norwalk | A quick 3 mile drive from Rowayton will get you to Norwalk’s Maritime Aquarium where you’ll enjoy 75 live exhibits, 2,700 marine animals, and 300 different animal species. This unique spot is ideal if you and your girlfriends are up for something fun and new...and want a great backdrop for your Insta pics!
Where to Stay
Lodging can be a little tricky in Rowayton, but nearby towns like Darien, Stamford, or the larger town of Norwalk offer great options.
- Even Hotels, Norwalk | In the heart of Norwalk is Even Hotels®. It’s a beautiful four-story property with unique features and a refreshing environment. As one of the first Even Hotels in the world, they pride themselves on helping guests maintain a healthy lifestyle. The hotel features healthy food options, spa-inspired showers, and all-natural eucalyptus linens. We at My Girlfriendships love this vibe. We think you and your girlfriends will too.
3 level townhouse in Norwalk | We love the idea of an Airbnb…being together in one house so we can stay up late or get up early without wondering about when it closes or opens. You too? Then here’s a great place for you and five of your besties. A three level home that sleeps six and is ideally located— literally minutes from the fun.
Check it out:
5 minutes to the beach - 2 minutes to shopping - 5 minutes to the train - 50 minutes to NYC
Our only question is: How many minutes until you book it?
Mystic is actually made up of two towns, Groton and Stonington, separated by the Mystic River, and joined by the Bascule Bridge. Mystic definitely sounds intriguing, doesn't it?
What to Do
- Historic Downtown Mystic, Mystic | Downtown Mystic is a charming waterfront district where you can spend your days experiencing the shops (more than 80!), activities, and food. Oh. Did someone say food? Here you’ll find a diverse culinary landscape which guarantees you’ll find a restaurant that caters to all of your girlfriends. You must add the downtown to your day.
- Mystic Dark Room, Mystic | Mystic Dark Room is an intimate show lounge that offers various unique entertainment experiences. Shows like The Little Mermaid, Nutcracker Spectacular, and Flash are some of its best. The lounge is exquisite. It boasts a chic, metro-loft atmosphere with a very glamorous winding staircase, brass gates, and leather couches. It also offers VIP front-row seating for those who want even more special treatment.
Where to Stay
- The Whaler’s Inn, Mystic | The Whaler’s Inn is located in downtown Mystic, and is actually made up of five different buildings. It’s a premiere, boutique property just steps from the banks of the Mystic River and the Bascule Bridge. The Whaler’s Inn is famous for their award-winning hospitality and their unsurpassed attention to detail. Your girlfriends will enjoy being treated like family here.
Classic Mystic Home on Reynolds Hill, Stonington | This Airbnb is an incredible Grand Colonial with all the charm and class of a captain’s home. Three large bedrooms, three bathrooms, a fully-renovated kitchen, and a loft means plenty of room for your group to make your getaway memorable.
Another bonus of a girls weekend in Connecticut: it’s very convenient to Manhattan if you want to do some Big Apple sightseeing. If you’re renting a car or taking the train to Grand Central Station, it’s only a little over an hour's ride from Rowayton and just a little more from Mystic. Here’s the schedule. Check it out!
No matter what your tribe’s vibe, Connecticut will deliver!