Coal Fire a Tasty and Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Clean eating has played an integral role in my life and my healing, and sharing my favorite healthy-hacks with my girlfriends is the best! Cooking together is such an important part of any girls weekend. Bonding together in the kitchen over a glass of wine (or in my case, tequila) while sharing recipes and laughs is what a girls weekend is all about. Try making this cauliflower crust pizza on your next girls weekend. It is such a great way to get everyone involved. Even the not-so-confident chefs can get in there and add their favorite toppings! This simple recipe is from Delish.com:
1 large head cauliflower, roughly chopped
1 large egg
2 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
1/4 c. marinara or pizza sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 c. grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
Torn fresh basil, for serving
Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, bring about 1/4" water to a boil. Season with salt. Add cauliflower in one even layer and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a clean dish towel (or paper towels) and squeeze to drain water.
- Add drained cauliflower to food processor and pulse until grated. Drain excess water in paper towels.
- Transfer drained cauliflower to a large bowl and add egg, 1 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan, then season with salt.
- Transfer dough to a baking sheet lined with cooking spray and pat into a crust. Bake until golden and dried out, 20 minutes.
- Top crust with marinara, remaining mozzarella and Parm, garlic and tomatoes and bake until cheese is melted and crust is crisp, 10 minutes more.
- Garnish with basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze.